By The Starving Stylist on 12/29/2009
Filed Under: Today's Special
“The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.”
--Sydney J. Harris
I have concluded that 2009 was a fabulously SHIT-tastic sort of year filled with nothing but hurtful heartache/break, mental break-downs, drunken club scraps and major BITCH fits. I’m basically surprised that I have yet to change my name from the Starving Stylist to the SCORNFUL Stylist. Therefore, my 2010 New Year’s resolution is to basically relax and to NOT sweat the small stuff. So to help me get started, this is MY Top 5 Essentials which will assist me through 2010.
1) Mighty Leaf Brand Green Tea Tropical Tea: Not much of a coffee drinker that I am, green tea is the next best thing for my daily dose of caffeine. Besides from being a great antioxidant it’s also helpful in weight-loss management . . . so need I say more, Fatty?
2) Shu Uemura Deep Sea Water Facial Mist: Besides a double vodka on the rocks, this spray is the next best thing to help get you little refreshed and revived when life is feeling a little dull. It’s great for instant hydration and invigoration of the spirit and skin; I like to call this my "liquid cocaine".
3) A luxurious presidential bath robe: Definitely warmer and plusher to lounge around in
than a stupid Snuggie blanket. Perfect for comfortable nights in, solemnly watching sappy chick flicks and feeling pitiful for the possibility of dying alone and single. Also, don’t worry about feeling like a fat ass, it only comes in one size. One point for the ego!
4) Moleskine Notebook: Journaling, doodling, writing wish lists or even plotting your next REVENGE, these classy and lavish books are perfect for little life’s thoughts that are too TABOO to mention out loud.
5) Kiehl's Lip Balm #1: With feisty words spitting out of ones mouth, one needs to have lips perfectly treated at all times since lip reading could sometimes be a lot more powerful than words itself.
So, what's your necessary essential for the New Year?